Skip to main content

BUT... WHERE'S THE DONUT? - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 pastel

BUT . . . WHERE'S THE DONUT?
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival matt*
*packaged in plastic sleeve
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

I know Kelley Mac Donald - my donut foe - has been 
ever so busy with her studio sale this week, yet every 
Monday is our Donut War attack. Well, I am so ever more
partial to cupcakes . . . such a fun, dainty, party
pastry! . . .  so I decided to shake things up and shot-putt 
a cupcake to the Donut Queen while her back is turned.
She will be so surprised . . .

Za . . . z . . . zing!

So many are into the cupcakes. You name it - there are cupcake
stores, baking kits, stationery, etc. And recently a friend forwarded to 
me a photo of a cupcake tagged on the back of a sign. 
Pretty cool!


Comments

  1. I would take a good cupcake over a donut ANY day!!!! This one make my mouth water!!!! OK, I can shake it up, too... look out next Monday, girl, I'm spending a few days in Provincetown this week, where they make outSTANDing cupcakes. Be afraid... be very afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the infamous P'Town Kelley? There are no Dunkin' Donuts where I live, but watch out - several exotic cupcake bakeries.
    The ammunition is heating up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! And beautiful! I can almost feel the sugar on my tongue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.