Skip to main content

BALBOA PARK - 11 x 14 pastel

BALBOA PARK
11"h x 14"w pastel
17"h x 21"w white archival matt, glass + gold frame
$595 + $20 insured priority shipping


For anyone that doesn't know, Balboa Park is one of San Diego's 
gems. It originated as the "City Park" in 1868. 

Today the Park consists of 1,200 acres and houses the majority 
of the City's Museums. One can also stroll the gardens, hike the trails,
watch working artists at the Spanish Village Art Center 
and so much more! 

This pastel, Balboa Park, depicts some of the unique architecture 
viewed across the water lily garden. 
More information can be read here.


Comments

  1. Stunning, Susan! You are not afraid to tackle anything, are you? You make me want to go to SD, too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, This is beautiful. Love the colors and the reflections are gorgeous. What a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the essence of a very complex scene. I love visiting Balboa PArk whenever I'm in SD and this painting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beauty.
    Just love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome Susan....so much going on here...and it all reads so well. love the reflections in the pond too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Balboa Park. I think you've captured its essence beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.