Skip to main content

WISPY - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 pastel

WISPY
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white mat glass + gold frame
SOLD -PRIVATE COLLECTOR

The day was hot with a sky rich 
and pure as a piece of blue silk.

Swiftly . . . it all changed.

Racing white clouds dashed with a fury,
whipping through the sky.

A wind caressed my face.

And then the rain tumbled down.




Comments

  1. Beautiful sky!! I can feel the wind right now....lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan. Absolutely love the sky effect you've created in this piece. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aptly titled. Beautiful piece but as much as I love the sky, I'm also loving the colorful ground. I bet this fabulous in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It is nice that each of you liked a different aspect too - from the wind, sky to the ground - cool!

    I think many would love a reprieve from the heat, so a whipped up storm - albeit an imaginary one - would be quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.