Skip to main content

ALMOST A PARTRIDGE + A PEAR TREE - 8 X 5 pastel

ALMOST A PARTRIDGE + A PEAR TREE
8" x 5" pastel + gold scrolled frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

The Twelve Days of Christmas are approaching quickly. 
And do you know of the verse?

The twelfth day of Christmas, | My true love sent to me | 
Twelve lords a-leaping, | Eleven pipers piping, | Ten ladies 
dancing, | Nine drummers drumming, | Eight maids a-milking, 
| Seven swans a-swimming, | Six geese a-laying, | Five gold 
rings, | Four colly birds, | Three French hens,| Two turtle doves, 
and | A partridge in a pear tree.

The origin of Twelve Days is not known, with claims both 
attributed to the French and English. The game, where the verse 
is sung between children, was first published in Mirth 
Without Mischief  in 1780. The first day falls on December 25 
or 26th, depending on the tradition.

So my little pastel - which sold recently with a big 
thanks to Tirage Gallery - depicts a humorous rendition 
of the partridge. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.