Skip to main content

A STITCH IN TIME - 18 x 14 pastel

A STITCH IN TIME
18"h x 14"w pastel

Happy to see with the DIY craze, that so many 
are hand-sewing again. Is it from eco-minded
movement, joy and creativity of the craft or
a resurgence from shows like Project Runway? 

Regardless it was soothing to paint the scene.
So reminiscent of days passed.

Comments

  1. Definitely "reminiscent of days past" but with a touch of the modern. Beautiful colors! Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW and one more WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is beautiful I like the feeling. So relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely! All the grays and neutrals really set off the shimmery whisps of color, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls!
    This piece is even more special for of my daughter, Becca.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.