Skip to main content

SLIVER OF ORANGE - 4 1/2 x 41/2 pastel

SLIVER OF ORANGE
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Dark the evening rolled
with clouds billowing in all sizes.

Tumbling and large,
 an ink mass rose above slender wisps. 

The air would be ominous 
if not for the slice of orange
at the horizon. 

Color.


Comments

  1. The thing about sunsets, there are never 2 alike! You do them so will. Love your recent "Snuggler"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vos cieux sont absolument magnifiques... des couleurs vibrantes qui me plaisent.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Susan. I started painting with pastels and your works always make me want to try them again....if I could just find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very grand! This is truly heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.