Skip to main content

A SLIVER WITH PROGRESS OF SO MANY KINDS

SLIVER OF THE SKY
24"h x 10"w pastel

I have been so missing in action over here.
Appears like I dropped off the side of the earth?
Sure does to me, but I really have been productive.

I have been working on art for 2 shows at Next Door 
Gallery and Ray Street Custom Framing the latter part
 of the year. Sliver of the Sky is a newly completed
pastel to be included within the shows.
  
Pastels are dominant in my artistic life. Yet I do 
have my fingers playing with other different mediums
 and since these two venues are giving me artistic freedom,
 I'm pulling out all the punches.

Feeling static and need a change? 
And inspiration?
Yep . . .  so I have also been on little excursions reviewing 
exhibitions and attended a forum for insight on personal 
artistic growth.  

So this week I'll be around much more - I promise! -
and post many of my other little treasures, as well as
inspirations from my excursions and exciting news. 

Comments

  1. Encore une autre très belle peinture... Des couleurs toujours aussi étonnantes et éblouissantes.
    Je suis actuellement très occupée et je ne vais qu'irrégulièrement visiter les blog, aussi pardonnez-moi;
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!