Skip to main content

CARUMBA - THAT CONTESSA!

CARUMBA! A CARROT
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

The Contessa struck once again and - S P L A T! - 
I got struck smack in the face with jelly. 

That Kelley is so darn good with jelly donuts that 
it leaves me quivering.

So now I'm sitting and thinking how-to-counterattack. 

Well inspiration struck, for a dear friend, Valorie dropped 
off a gem of a cupcake. And so healthy with a carrot. 
Nothing like taking the guilt away.

Take that Contessa!


Comments

  1. YUM! One of my favorites! I actually MADE cupcakes - spice ones, with vanilla buttercream frosting, but they all got eaten before i could paint one! This one is absolutely dreamy.... but watch out, girlfriend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comeback...and that oooey gooey icing carrot looks so healthy. Love the bits of orange in the cloth that keeps the eye swirling around. Must head on over to the contessa's blog and see what she's cooking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So luscious and dreamy - both. Love that fanciful, other worldly quality your bring to these. Wonderful subjects. Stunning treatment of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the compliment Susan. Nice to meet you. I really enjoy your vibrant use of color in your works. Excellent job on the cupcake.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!