Skip to main content

BARELY TOUCHING

EVENING'S SWIFT MOVEMENT
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame

The motion was circular as the clouds raced.

Barely touching the mountaintop 
and the tips of the trees. 

Mesmerized, I watched the movement swell then drop.

Comments

  1. Gosh..your skies just move me...I never tire of seeing them. Just adore that they are petite masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in this are breathtaking. Congrats also on the pieces in the 6X6 Show. What fun! Love the one below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting and the name is great! You can just feel the movement in the sky and the marks are so gestural. There's a wonderful feeling of spontaneity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carol and Claire - never tire on staring at the skies. (I trip a lot though when I walk)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.