Skip to main content

BALANCING LIFE DAY-TO-DAY

4 GLOBES*
14"h x 8"w pastel

Funny how some paintings resonate above others with an Artist.

This is one for me and always have been quite fond of it.

Such a balancing act with the elements. . . as with life. 

All appears calm and orderly, but just takes one slip!

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the soft folds of the fabric. I also like what you wrote about the balancing act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of life's balancing act as looking so beautiful. This is gorgeous!

    I love the similar values of the apples and the fabric and the subtle reflections in the apples.

    This piece is so great on so many levels. (Pun intended? - maybe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the appearance of stability - so fragile! This is just so beautiful, though, and stable, because it's a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave it to you to balance the traditional with whimsical! very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing that you can paint something that is so precariously perched so elegantly and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to each and everyone of you! Excuse me, but I am juggling some apples right now:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.