Skip to main content

TRIP TO THE TURRET

TURRET AT THE DEL
6 1/2" x 6 1/2" pastel
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

With spring in the air and the sun shining, 
I believe it calls for a trip to the beach.

So what's more famous than Coronado beach?

The Hotel del Coronado. 

This is a view of it's iconic turret.

Previously I posted a painting of the Del 
with some interesting facts. Such as murder.
Click here to read more.

Comments

  1. Wonderful colors- big fan of red and this is gorgeous against the blues...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! You captured the bright, sunny day in San Diego! Love this place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors in your greenery. Looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have placed this hotel in such a wonderful setting with the blustery greens of the grass and palms. It all looks so festive and summery. Loved that ghost story too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, I love this place! Wish I was there now.... great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone - and truly is a gorgeous place. So much history behind it too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!