Skip to main content

EARTH + THE SKY

WINDOW + A CLOUD
4 1/2" X 4 1/2" pastel
8" square white archival matte, glass and gold leaf frame
$150 + $15 insured priority shipping


The sky was so blue and the sun extremely bright today, as I spent much of the day outside. As time passed, I begun to reminisce of Taos Pueblo.

Taos was one of my favorite locations to visit when I lived in Albuquerque. The contrast of the adobe buildings against the blue sky was always visually exhilarating. There's such a dark richness in the brown color of an adobe, yet so many other colors were apparent upon closer scrutiny. And the organic shape of the walls emanated an Earthy feel.

But above all, I felt a comforting unification between the Earth and the blue sky as I stood in awe in front of the Pueblo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!