Skip to main content

EVENING DREAMS


SUNSET MOUNTAIN

4 1/2" X 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Noticed with the onset of evening the sky isn't dark, yet not light and has a hazy, filtered appearance? The time is twilight... half day and half night.

Such a challenge since sunsets have so many characteristics. Their colors alter with altitude, weather conditions and time of the sun's descent. So many factors, for so many visual stunning opportunities.

But above all, a sunset denotes the time for dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.