Skip to main content

A BEAUTIFUL DAY

A GLORIOUS DAY
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8"square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame

SOLD

The sun shone and the sky was so very blue.

The white clouds were ever so grand in the expansive sky.

I feel as if I could fly.

What a glorious day!

Comments

  1. lovely work, lovely color. not surprised it sold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful color! So much movement and lovely markmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can just feel the movement in the clouds. You are constantly treating us to such a variety of sky paintings. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it's sold! It's another beauty. In fact "Glorious!" was what popped into my head the moment I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work, Susan. The colors, values and abstract quality of this one, in particular, are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite I love the way the land takes up a small part of this painting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoy your skies..you are certainly a sky person!
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!