Skip to main content

GIRLS ON PARADE

BARRIERS, PROTECTED HEART, HOLE IN MY HEART

Okey, as you can see these are dolls and not girls.
But not just ordinary dolls - oh no!

There are deconstructed / reconstructed baby dolls. I started with used baby dolls which I dismembered (sorry everyone, but that's true). And these little girls were made by use of found slabs of wood, wire, a balsa box, tree bark, fabric, tail reflectors and rusted tin cans. Each is an unique piece of art that hangs on the wall.

The three pictured are part of the collection in my exhibit Frayed, at San Diego's Ray Street Custom Framing + Gallery. The art can be viewed Tuesday through Saturdays from 11AM - 6PM. Additional information is provided on their site.

Hope you stop bye for every doll needs love!

Comments

  1. Wish I was there to see your dollies! I am always amazed at your diverse creativity--a true artist's artist!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.