Skip to main content

Beauty Amongst the Jumble


LILY BUDS + PADS
8"h x 10"w
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Time for a break from skies. And I find lilies are always a soothing topic.

Unless it's a very well-groomed water lily pond (and yes, there are a few of those around), the pads cascade and overlap each other. I really enjoy the wild patterns of the jumbled mess!

Every once in awhile a new bud pops out - like a breathe of fresh air - and only a matter of time before it blooms. A bit of beauty amongst the tangled mess.

Similar to life... yes?

Comments

  1. Hi Susan! This one really brings out what I love about seeing pastels - that fearless blend of soft, gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.