Skip to main content

THERAPY, HUH?

BARRIERS
mixed doll's body parts, wood, wire, pencil, tree bark, car reflectors
$225



The opening on Saturday is rapidly approaching and think I've harnessed all those body parts on my dolls of art.

A few people have commented they thought my dolls were scary. And someone said they would call it my therapy (Hi Kelley!). Know what? I just love playing with found materials and seeing what I can create. Almost like playing dress-up with dolls or building model airplanes, yet starting from scratch.

And for the faint of heart, I'm also having a wonderful selection of my pastel sunsets. So please don't forget the show is at Ray Street Custom Framing & Gallery at 3807 Ray St, San Diego. Additional info can be obtained at http://raystreetcustomframing.com.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

  1. Susan...it should be a fabulous and unique show!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!