Skip to main content

ROUND + ROUND WE GO!


SPIRAL + GLAZED
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + scrolled gold leaf frame

Around the fabric twirls, almost like a fortress. 

Unsure if it's protecting the fry cake from being eaten 
or a shield from Kelley's friendly fire? 

Really, I think she's too busy munching on her German Chocolate 
Wonder from yesterday - everyone must check it out!

Comments

  1. I have a new appreciation for your fabric under your donuts!!! I have not truly found a vanilla frosted worth it's salt within an hour's drive... I may have to come to YOUR place...
    Truce for the weekend? I'm hosting an Open Studio and most surely won't post till Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to join the "donut war", but cannot take the extra pounds! Looks like you are having plenty of fun.

    This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. almost makes you dizzy...or is that the sugar high? well done again Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been so busy, haven't commented but didn't mean I wasn't watching. It's hard to tell who's winning except maybe your local donut shops. Nice one, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the swirl of peaches and purples in the background and the turquoises in the glaze! The first thing that popped in my head was "Donuts are the center of the Universe!" It even includes a black hole in the middle of it's delectable galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First the donut drew me in, and it's so perfectly rendered I feel the sticky of it. Love the color in the whites. Then,I saw, and just love your pic of donut lips! this is the best timimg and I needed a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your donut 'war'! Look forward to seeing the next days work!! The color in this one is particularly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.