Skip to main content

TRUCE FOR THE WEEKEND SO RECOUPING


Kelley is up to her eyeballs with an open studio this weekend so requested a truce with our ongoing Donut War. And imagine, after posting a delectable, wonderful jelly donut! 

Ouch...... felt that one in the gut Kelley! 

Well it was difficult to stand back but this is a lovely, yummy war, so recouping my energy with all my sweets (see?). 

Think this sugar will fortify me for the next stage of the battle? 
Stay tuned.....

Comments

  1. Sue, your paintings of the donuts were SWEET! I'm going to miss them, but I can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those doughnuts, oops, sorry, donuts! They get my vote, well your paintings do....I hate donuts and doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS To answer your question...my big 'Balloons' painting will be 4' x 6'. Re-reading my last comment it sounds a bit manic..sorry, to rephrase, I don't like doughnuts but I love your paintings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!