Skip to main content

STICKY SWEET AND SUMPTUOUS


SWIRLS, TWIRLS + A HOLE
4 1/2" x 4 /2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + scrolled gold leaf frame
$150 + $15 insured priority shipping








Fellow DPO Artist Kelley MacDonald has one up on me with that scrumptious 
jelly donut from yesterday- good job Kelley!

Almost dashed to the store for some jelly. 

But no.... I must remember this is a Cold Donut War. 

So instead I stayed and played with my frosting. 

Bliss....

Comments

  1. Here I am trying hard to lose a few more punds and you are painting such cakes that make me want to go out and eat one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE vanilla frosteds! This looks so real I could... I could.... NO! I cannnot eat one! :)
    Nice job - love the cloth beneath, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession! Grandchildren and I drove to Dale's for donuts - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you handled the frosting. I hope the Great Donut War goes on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all love the Vanilla frosted Donut.The hell with the diet!
    You makes us fat Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone!
    Linda where in the world is Dale's? Never heard of that place.

    Believe it or not, I'm not really a "sweets" person - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! I've been following the donut war and enjoying every painting ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving all the backgrounds for your donut paintings, Susan!

    The swirls are colorful, full of energy, and fun!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.