Skip to main content

TOPSY-TURVY YET SWEET

SWEET SOURS
10"h x 8"w pastel

A topsy-turvy day with emotions

where my spirits tumbled . . . then soared 

as a bird in flight.

Sour . . .  yet sweet.

Comments

  1. Nice Susan! Lemons have become a favorite subject of mine! Sunshine in a portable container! So versatile! Tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those lemons just pop...well done Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice statement Nicole - "sunshine in a potable container"! Like that:)

    And thanks Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great title for this, I can feel that pucker-up thing my mouth does when I think of lemons! you really have the bright light citrus color perfected here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!