Skip to main content

HIDE-N-SEEK - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 pastel

HIDE-N-SEEK
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matt, glass + gold frame
SOLD!

Regal and so tropical!

Flamingos have such a wonderful range of color 
and apparently they turn more colorful with an increase 
of krill in their diet. 

I live quite close to the San Diego zoo where there 
is a wonderful exhibit of these graceful creatures.

Have any in your yard?


Comments

  1. This is beautiful Susan! I love the colors dancing around in the water. Such a beautiful composition also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner! Love the composition, not to mention the COLOR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunner it is 100%.
    WOW to this piece and to you Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls! Aren't flamingos a fluff of raging colors? Posting another. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really liking this flamingo series and all the beautiful colors in the birds and in the grasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these flamingos! I wanna paint some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. krill? I love that you know that.
    Beautiful Flamingos and lovely pastel work.
    Once in Florida I saw a large pink bird flying against the sun. It was a roseate spoonbill. Amazing sight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kristeena and Elizabeth!
    A girl hanging in California always know about krill Mary. Actually one of my friend's Father was a leading scientist on krill.

    Anyone seen a baby flamingo? They're grey and fuzzy.Cuddly but not colorful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.