Skip to main content

A PREVIEW OF BALBOA FACADE

SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Even though it has been a few days since posting, I have been busy painting away. (Ah-ha - caught me! Guess I haven't been tripping over my feet continually, huh?)

I just completed this piece and after framing will be on it's way to Tirage Gallery. Balboa Facade is 10" x 8" and on a La Carte Pastel base, which is excellent in holding my successive layering of unblended pastels.

The painting is a depiction of an entryway near the Visitors Center at San Diego's Balboa Park (http://www.balboapark.org/). The Park houses the majority of the City's museums and dates back to 1868. If you visit, this is a must-see attraction.

Comments

  1. Your color palette is so vivid! It's tricky when plein air painting, if it's too bright my paintings can look so washed out when I bring it into the shade. An EasyL umbrella seems to help :) But you did fantastic with this Balboa Facade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your pastels, great skies!! Enjoyed touring your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love your vivid style and use of overlaying colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.