Skip to main content

CATALINA ROOM



















For the first time, I stayed at the Zane Grey Pueblo Hotel - http://www.zanegreypueblohotel.com/- when I traveled last week to Catalina Island. Zane Grey was an American novelist known for his westerns and this was his home on the Island.

The Hopi Indian-style Pueblo is located on this picture at the highest point of Avalon. It was quite a daily hike, plus there were an additional 28 steps to climb from the road to the doorstep!

I initially planned on painting through the evening, yet instantly fell asleep from all the hiking! Truly a peaceful place to stay without any phones nor televisions. If a guest could not handle the withdrawal, there is a small tv in the central, common living room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.