Skip to main content

HEAD IN THE CLOUDS ONCE AGAIN

Well, I finally had enough energy to paint after eating that chocolate glazed donut. Miracle food!

The clouds were great for it rained yesterday. So off I went for a walk, mesmerized with the colors while looking up at the sky. Clouds give off the false impression of being static, yet in reality move quite quickly. And as they move, their shapes change. As the sun sets, the colors intensify, enveloping the city in a colorful shroud.

And I have you know, I was so good and didn't trip once!



PEACH SUNSET
4 1/2" square, white matt, framed with glass and gold scroll frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.