Skip to main content

A GREAT SITE FOR A BREAK


THE VIEW

4 1/2" X 4 1/2" pastel
white archival matt, glass and 8" square petite, gold scrolled frame
SOLD- PRIVATE COLLECTOR
After climbing so many hills, found out I needed a break or two. The Zane Grey Hotel had a lovely veranda off Zane's original library / sitting room, which overlooked the town of Avalon. I could glimpse a mountainside view of nestled homes beyond the turquoise chairs. The next best thing would be a friend and a glass or two of wine!

Comments

  1. Dear Susan, thank you very much for your comment on my Kite a Dog! painting, I admire your perseverance throughout the "rocky roads" of your life... it's commendable that because you persist, your art can reach us now. Love your seascapes, and your still life paintings (3+3 and abridged -my favorites. Sure you have a lot to give to the world!
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used colors and then captured the shadows and light so effortlessly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katushka and thank you for your kind words. So nice to meet a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Julie so nice to see you back! Touched by your words too.
    Thank you....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.