Skip to main content

WHERE IS THE SUN?


Today is kind of gloomy ... okey, I know the people 
of sunny San Diego always whine when the sun 
goes away, which is normally never. So we really 
don't have much to complain about, do we? Then 
we are so shocked when it does happen. And I am 
a transplant, so one would figure that I was accustomed 
to all kinds of weather, but somehow, along the way I have 
forgotten what snow, sleet and rain was all about.
Amazingly, I painted a subdued, shadowy apple quite 
indicative of the weather. Seems a bit intense and quite a
mood indicator.

APPLE SHADOWS
5" x 5" pastel
$95.00 + tax, $5.00 insured, priority shipping
5" square, glass and gold leaf frame



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.