Skip to main content

RACING AND 2 RIGHT FEET

It's been a couple of days since posting and seems as if the time just raced by. Are there just 24 hours daily? Seems as if this is truly not sufficient to accomplish all - and I thought 24 was such a large number.
So what have I been up to as time raced by? Just drove back from LA / Pasadena after delivering paintings to Tirage Gallery and enjoying 2 days of the sights and sounds of the big city. So fascinating and unlike San Diego, with something going on at every corner.
One of the days, I went with my sister, Christine and her companions, Pepsi and Hollywood Howie to check out the toy district. So excited that I scored some baby dolls for my June show, Frayed. And ... one of the baby dolls had 2 right feet! I have never seen such a thing. Feel a bit sorry for the baby doll and a little hesitant to cut her up, but sure she will become something unique and special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.