Skip to main content

WILD FLOWERS HERE I COME!

Tonight I am packing and will be leaving bright and early to catch the ferry to Catalina Island. I will be painting wild flowers in the inner Island and gratefully transported by the Catalina Conservancy. This arrangement was coordinated by my gallery, Tirage Art of Pasadena. Tentatively there are arrangements for a group show of the paintings by the participating Artists in November 2010. Have my fingers crossed ( You know, it's hard to type with them crossed! Didn't know I was so talented.) that I will capture some wonderful images. Really excited about this get-a-way and will let everyone know this Friday how it went when I return. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.