Skip to main content

DOWNFALL



DOWNFALL
pastel- 11"h x 14"w
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Believe it or not, I have been painting even with all 
my racing around - hard to believe, but true.
I usually work simultaneously on about 9 paintings mounted on a wall 
easel, with different due dates for each. May be a delusion, but I feel 
I do not overwork the pastels when I work on many.

Much of my current focus is work for my solo June show, Frayed, to be held at Ray Street Custom Framing and Gallery. The work will be a collection of reconstructed baby dolls and pastels, with the premise that there is always a glimmer of hope on the horizon. This sunset Downfall, is one of the pastel pieces to be included.
Hope you enjoy the view!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.