Skip to main content

SPIRAL THROUGH THE NIGHT


SUNSET SWIRL

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8"square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame


The clouds formed as a whip while swirling through the night.

They snapped through the colorful layers beginning with

subtle blues to the pale greens and pinks.

Downward they spiraled to the blazing yellow and

oranges which halted the swirl above the dark land.


Comments

  1. Another dramatic and lovely piece...what a collection your pieces would make...trouble is, how to choose and when to stop collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a painting with a big statement...wonderful color and energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drama in this piece.
    It is so Santa Monica, my city, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl--you are speaking my color..er I mean language!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece, as usual......my inspiration...I see the light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! What a wonderful sense of movement and energy, with the perfect blend of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! Love the dusk, moody nights - so much color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!