Skip to main content

MAN, DO I NEED SOME SUGAR!


GLAZED GOODNESS
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Life has been very hectic lately.

 I even caught myself dipping into my props
 before I had a chance to paint them - oh, oh! 

And this definitely gave me the needed rush . . . ahhhhh. 


Comments

  1. talk about goodness, this one could have a halo it's so heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Carolyn!
    Looked in the mirror and see I have frosting all over me... what's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously challenging my diet. You're painting these sweets to enticing and I'm not even a big sweets person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this food series, so different from your skies. I don't eat them often, but I think they are one of the greatest of forbidden foods! Your paintings are not helping me dispute that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, Susan, I was happily avoiding donuts these days - and here you go setting off the craving! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the brushstrokes and the frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No brushstrokes Pam, it's all pastels. Unconventional where I don't blend as many others.
    I'm really not a sweet person either, but donuts are so tempting. My Mom used to make yeast donuts from scratch when I was little on rare occasions - melt in your mouth when they're warm! Pristine and never had frosting - just sweet sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just wonderful, this background really makes it extra special too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Kelley...this makes me want a glazed donut! Beautiful electric background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on that white glaze! Too good...off to find sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you could eat your props and paint them too...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!