Skip to main content

PLAYTIME WITH THE KIDS!



Wednesday, July 21st was such a very memorable day! At the right is one sample of the art project I conducted for the Pasadena Museum of History's The Artists' Workshop. 


The event was a free, summer hands-on, art program specifically for children six to ten years old.


After a presentation 
focusing on color and composition, 
we proceeded to the Museum's Fenyes Estate Gardens, where t
he children created florals of cut paper and colored pencils
. 


Comments

  1. A great post. I'm a retired art teacher I do miss the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...what a great project and a blessing to the kids to have you teach them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pam and Julie.
    Sure was a wonderful opportunity and think I enjoyed it as much, if not more as the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!