Skip to main content

A WONDERFUL START


A RISING SUN

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
It was early morning, the air was calm and the colors 

were dusky, as I peered out the window. 

Instantly the sky became illuminated with a flash

as the bold, brazen sun arose. 


Comments

  1. Exciting, edgy, dramatic with a hint of early morning gentleness portrayed with the subtle pale green and yellow. Another beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comment Catherine! I think I need to hire you for my description ditties.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dramatic early morning.
    Another great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous strokes and great movement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!