Skip to main content

ALWAYS A SILVER LINING

DRIPPING
4 1/2" X 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

It was late afternoon and . . .

the sun was blazing . . .
as I withered from the scorch.

The heat parched my mouth . . .
as I walked.

Yet a beauty I behold . . . 
from an illusion that lightened my step.

 The orange clouds appeared to melt before my eyes.

Comments

  1. I loved it! The orange looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! The orange looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at the drama you capture in such a small piece. Luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Manisha - it is really orange.

    And Kelley - I love "Luscious"! Such a descriptive, playful word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!