Skip to main content

STUMBLED . . . AND SHE'S UP!

GOLDEN SIMPLICITY
25"h x 17"w pastel
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Currently I have been reevaluating my direction, 
for have lost my step. And that's such a problem!
Not uncommon for months ago, I relayed of always 
tripping while gazing at the clouds. 
Such a klutz . . . but that's a different kind of stumbling.   

And with life's challenges and twists, one can 
get blinded so easily. I have never had a problem with 
creativity, yet the valuable commodity of time has 
always restricted me. 

So I am refocusing, redeveloping and refining . . .
like cleaning a house. 

Feels like a fresh breathe of spring air in my studio!

   

Comments

  1. Susan I love this. It is beautiful and has wonderful qualities.
    I know that feeling of new directions. It seems to be hard along the way, but always good, fresh and exciting. As artists we don't seem to have the luxury of staying in one place for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the commmodity of time...time has always been my problem as well. I have hundreds of pictures in my head, but little time to bring them to creative reality.
    Yes, you must prioritize,set your goals, find where you want to be and then get back at it!
    Beautiful picture..love the gold and the blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful painting!

    I think women artists in particular have problems with having enough time because there are always others who'd like to steal it from us. It's always good to constantly take measure and re-evaluate.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your use of color in this piece is amazing... rich, and deep tones, accented with the golden light... no wonder it is sold!
    I am sure you will find your direction, sometimes it changes without us even realizing it, life is one big adventure!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, this is lovely. I can particularly appreciate the candle and candlestick as I spent yesterday working on a similar scene. I love the warm golden tones you achieved here. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend...you are the most creative person I know....very excited to see where you are headed. It's the journey where we discover more of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so familiar...what a lovely piece this is. The golden glow is perfect. Enjoy that breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazed to see so many feel the time restrictions as well. Is this a woman trait - with saddled with much responsibility? Or is it imbedded guilt with what is expected out of oneself?

    You ladies are not only friends, but also wonderful, talented artists. Thank you for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!