Skip to main content

LAZY SUMMER AFTERNOON

CELESTE'S BABY
pastel
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

The sun is shining with summer gearing up.

Flip-flops, shorts and the scent of suntan lotion 
floating in the breeze. 

And Celeste's Baby has the right idea.

Comments

  1. Stunning! Really great job on this beautiful kitty. I can see why it's sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you, still, on DPO. This is such a wonderful painting, so sensitive and accomplished.... brings a smile first thing in the morning - THANK you! xoxoxo
    More donuts when I return from Maine... promise..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great one! The light on this is so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan...what a fantastic piece....so incredible. Your collector is going to be thrilled. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Love the brushwork on the fur!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Susan. You are such an accomplished pastel artist. Lucky collector.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so beautiful! The whole piece feels like cat fur! How'd ya do that??? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone. Kitties are a joy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the loose strokes for the fur.
    Stunning!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are correct Susan with an "E"--Kitties are clearly a joy! Though I am glad to see you are segueing into darling doggies too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!