Skip to main content

DON'T MESS WITH MOTHER NATURE

LIGHTS OF BLUE, DARK OF RED
9"h x 7"w pastel
14" x 11" linen matt, scrolled gold frame + museum glass
$425 - shipping inclusive



Pristine and bold the scenery unfolded under bright, 
blue clouds, as far as the eyes could see.

Bare loveliness of Nature threatened by Mankind.

Fools . . . that never learn.


Comments

  1. Susan, This is magnificent! The texture and the depth that you have created, and the color! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karla. I'm such a lover of red rock and Southwest skies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting and the poem.
    I enlarged the painting on my computer screen and stood across the room to see how it reads. The drama is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats beautiful! I love how the sky and the land compliment each other. Very nicely painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it has great depth. I love the rich dark shadowed foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. I like the feeling of the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Susan, this is so beautiful! It's my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!