Skip to main content

HIDDEN IN A DREAM


MIST ABOVE 2 RIDGES
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel


I peered down the chasm as I stood atop the ridge so tall.

Glancing laterally, I spotted a second uninhabited ridge.

Yet within minutes the misty clouds dropped from the blue sky.

Was my vision a dream?


Comments

  1. You have some really intriguing pastel work here.
    I'll be back to explore more.
    There are some palette knife landscapes a couple of pages back on my blog that you might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DJ! Thanks for visiting.
    Are you referring to Becca's on your blog? Love the impasto effect with palette knives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful abstraction, Susan. The colors are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the color, especially the blue on the furthest ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Stephen and Karen. Your comments mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!