Skip to main content

NEW ADVENTURES ...PASTRIES!


SPRINKLES + SWIRLS
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square white archival matte, glass + scrolled gold leaf frame
$150 + $15 insured priority shipping



I'm not waiting for a holiday or the weekend, but decided the time is now to eat sweets!

 (I promise I wait to eat my props till after the painting is completed, 
even though at times it does get tempting.) 

So now we're off to new adventures with food. I think I've had my 
head in the clouds way too long, for can hear my stomach rumbling.

Any favorites?

Comments

  1. Ah, Susan...I'm sure the aroma must have been killer...wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana! Stomach rumbled throughout the painting process...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I know what I will have for breakfast today. Running to the shop for one like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this tasty donut, Susan! I applaud your self control. Your spinkles are so bright and pretty. That wonderful swirl of blue really makes all of the colors pop. Looks like a piece of delicious jewelry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sprinkles!!!funny they look like little itty bitty clouds to me????? no really, Susan it looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally support your idea of painting more desserts! I love how you captured all those rainbow sprinkles. (And yes, I'm getting hungry and this is really making me want to hunt out something sweet.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!