Skip to main content

DO YOU HEAR THE SWEET MUSIC?



SWEET TUNES 
HOLLYWOODS FARMERS MARKET
6" x 6" pastel
$295 + $15 insured priority shipping


A fog greeted me as I peered out the window this morning.

Dismal? 

No, for the day took me away to a memory a short time ago. 

The day was similar with an overcast, bland sky
and my excitement grew for I was traveling to the 
Hollywoods Farmers Market. 
The bustle, colors, sounds, smells and people. . .
such a feast for eyes!

As I walked, I heard the sweetest yet soft melody from afar. 
Ahead was a man sitting in the middle of the street.
Oblivious to the crowd, he softly played the flute. 

And the fog cleared and my spirits soared! 

Comments

  1. nice poem...and love the painting--!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, I do hear the music, my feet are tapping in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done painting and your descriptive words just set the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pastel. I love the way you took the ordinary road blocks and turned them into a colorful background. Nice figure too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking piece Susan! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you each and everyone.
    Love the Farmers Markets... so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice mood this post has. I like the poetry and the painting together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.