Skip to main content

EXPLOSION AND COLORS

SUNBURST 1
3 1/2"w x 5 1/2" h pastel
8" x 10" archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame

Drowsy . . .

sleepy . . .

staggering . . .

I awoke to a grey mist clinging to the skies.

Instantaneously colors exploded

and a wondrous day bloomed.

Comments

  1. Stunning, Susan. That burst of light is so amazingly done. Love the drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dramatic use of color in this pastel painting. The bits of orange really make the blues sing!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. When enlarged, it reminded me of a waterfall, flowing down, with the sun reflected on the water. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bold! And as lovely as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan....forgot to say...just incredible what you are doing with the kids corner.....can my daughter participate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone - they say it's suppose to turn breezy and rain Sunday, so love a little reminder of bright, colorful sunrises.

    And yes please Julie, would love to have your daughter participate with Kids Korner! And for anyone else - even if the drawings are years old (I'm going to dig out my own kids drawings, who are married now), would be a grand keepsake of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beuuuuutiful Susan. You are sooo talented. Great to meet you. :) Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan,
    Wonderful dramatic painting. The light exploding is fabulously glorious. You, are one talented artist:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.