This is very different from so much of your other work and yet your signature style is very present - I really, really, really like this piece! It captures that sense of the dark forest and the quietness only broken by the sound of that stream. I will be surprised if you don't sell this one quickly.
GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest National Park, where I did a residency and was the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!
2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!
DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past. Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have enriched me greatly in so many ways. Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with, but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.
Beautiful, Susan!! This feels 3-D. I can hear the waterfall and birds when I look at this. Love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is very different from so much of your other work and yet your signature style is very present - I really, really, really like this piece! It captures that sense of the dark forest and the quietness only broken by the sound of that stream. I will be surprised if you don't sell this one quickly.
ReplyDeleteThanks Elizabeth, Carol + Karen.
ReplyDeleteKaren this is actually a painting that will go to my Pasadena gallery, Tirage. Much more developed.
Susan,
ReplyDeleteI really like this one. Sounds that soothe and the painting is just beautiful and peaceful.
Beautiful mix of warms and cools.
ReplyDeleteSusan, great piece! Love the waterfall.
ReplyDeleteYou've captured a very quiet mood in this piece. Very, very nice!
ReplyDeleteLove to see your larger works for your galleries. This is just a beautiful piece, Susan.
ReplyDelete