Skip to main content

TUZIGOOT - 7 x 15 pastel

TUZIGOOT
7"h x 15"w pastel
12"h x 20"w, museum glass + silver frame

I've just returned from visiting dear friends, 
which was an impetus to reflect on the past. 
Not only of my fortunes of such wonderful friends, 
families and opportunities, but also of the many 
historical discoveries through my meanderings. 

Tuzigoot National Monument is one such place and
 is located 90 miles north of Phoenix, near Clarkdale.
The ancient pueblo comprises of 110 rooms 
and dates back to 1000AD.
 By 1400 all life vanished. 
Learn more of Tuzigoot by clicking here.

As National Monuments, please treasure your friendships.

Comments

  1. Lovely and amazing, and poignant verse, Susan - and once again you were featured on Daily Painters Originals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thoughtful post and stunner of a landscape! I can feel this light dry air and the path up through the rocks is super.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!