Skip to main content

AND THEN THERE WAS RAIN


BURST OF RAIN
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel with archival white matt, glass and gold scrolled petite frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Wouldn't you know as soon as I was dropped off to paint on Middle Ranch Road in Catalina Island, it rains! Luck of the Irish, huh? But I'm only part Irish, so the rain eventually stopped and the sun peaked through.

Comments

  1. Oh how dramatic...just love the colors and vibrancy in the darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan - LOVE the drama and mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Julie and Kim! Nice to see you both and thank you for the lovely words..
    Raining up there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.