Skip to main content

A DAY OF DOLLS + SUCH A GOOD FRIEND!


I went on a small trip for the past two days to visit a close friend, 
Joel Sharp. He and I played with dolls. Not the typical dress-up 
with Barbies, but deconstructed old dolls to create little wonders of art. 

I know many voiced last year from my Frayed Show, that you were 
a bit creeped out by my little dolls, but I just love them! And I have 
2 solo shows the latter part of the year, which will include dolls 
with my pastels.

So above are just 2 of my little ones 
. . . still in a state of progress . . . 
and below are 2 of Joel's little wonders. 
Click on Joel's name above to see some more of his art & gallery!


Comments

  1. I'll admit I'm a little creeped out but love ya anyway. Where are the donuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate the donuts Kelley, so one must play!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!