Skip to main content

THANKS AS A MOM

HOPE
12"h x 9"w, pastel + gold leaf
Collection of Noah & Angela Roden

Today is Mothers Day, which I look at as not a day for adoration of Moms, yet a day for me to give thanks.

I marvel at my blessings in having two wonderful children, Becca and Noah and very proud of their maturity and the individuals that they have become. I admire their families and the values they instill. And I feel a deep appreciation in knowing that they would both be by my side in time of troubles.

Thank you.

Comments

  1. Happy mothers Day Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie! Did you have a wonderful day too? Treated like a princess?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.