Skip to main content

A FEW THORNS

PRICKLY HILLSIDE
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" archival white matte, glass + petite gold leaf frame
$150 + $15 insured, priority shipping
I'm still rambling around in my mind at Catalina. Maybe because San Diego has had several overcast days, which is so similar to the Island's drizzly atmosphere?

Nevertheless the one day I was trudging and dragging all my art equipment along, I spied a wild growth of prickly pears while searching for those pesky patches of wildflowers. A thing of beauty on a small hillside and backdropped by colorful clouds. And as so many things in life, if one gets too close to a thing of beauty you could be pricked by tiny thorns.

Hey, this could be a good metaphor relating to life! Beware...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!