Skip to main content

IT'S ON FIRE

RED SKY FOR ALEX
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel, white archival matte, glass and petite gold leaf frame
$150 + $15 insured priority shipping
Red is so hot! And one color which I rarely use, with the exception for accents when needing some zing! in my painting. The color can be quite ominous too, especially in skies. It breathes of fire and carries such a pretty glow, that I'm thinking I really should appreciate it much more.

So here I was playing in my studio with my friend, Alex Richardson. He decided he wanted to learn how-to paint. Nothing big he says and probably 20 minutes worth of time or 45 tops.

Ha!

Little did he know how long my pastels take. But determined Alex was and he wanted a RED sky. Told him how pretty blue skies were, but he just didn't want to hear it, so red it was. We worked side-by-side with each creating the same image. After 3 1/2 hours Alex held his pretty, glowing red sky in his hands.

And with that, I leave you with a little zing!


Comments

  1. Wow! Rich, passionate...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I'm such a blue painter that this was difficult to do. Have to thank Alex for the push. And he did amazingly well for the first time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks Susan! Your pastel work inspires me everytime. Loving the red skies pushing out the blue skies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!