Skip to main content

NIGHT AT THE BEACH


PURPLE SUNSET

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Bet you thought I would be traveling to Catalina Island again. Well today I'm off to Boulder Beach, which is part of the Lake Mead Recreation Area and the National Parks. I have been there several times and have thought it so peaceful and tranquil (unless there was a RV generator buzzing away next to your tent).

Anyway, I got off track there. So Lake Mead actually spans between Nevada and Arizona, with the border running through the Lake. The recreation area covers 1.5 million acres of land. The area is so diverse for there are mountains, beaches and deserts.

This sunset reflects a small portion of Boulder Beach - which is in Nevada - with a mountain backdrop. Our campsite faced out to the beach and watched as the sun dropped. A beautiful evening....

Comments

  1. This is magnificent...each one i love more than the other

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susie--wish I could see this in person--your pastels are so incredible--online doesn't begin to tell the whole story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gals! Thanks for the nice comments. Sunsets are so moody which make them fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!